Home Base Drop-In Centre
Youth come to us with many different needs. Home Base is a one-stop-shop, helping youth to address the issues that have lead to their present situation. At Home Base, staff work with youth to meet their basic living needs such as food, clothing and shelter.
Community Resource Services
Home Base understands the importance of creating a One-Stop-Shop for youth. Therefore, the Centre strives to provide all the services desired by our clients or develops partnerships with other community organizations to meet the youth’s needs. Most often these services tend to be around the identification clinics, family counselling, legal services and Ontario Works programs. The Centre has developed great working relationships with other youth-serving agencies that work in tandem to meet our clients’ needs.
Some of our services include:
- Food (we also provide information on nutrition, shopping and cooking)
- Shelter and Housing support (though youth can’t stay at Home Base overnight, we will help them find safe shelter, and through our Housing Support Worker help to secure a more permanent residence).
- Recreation (Including Playstation, pool table, basketball, movies, gym, etc.)
- Life Skills Training
- Job search training or help returning to school
- Anger Management
- Relationship Building
- Supportive Counselling
- Access to other helpful resources in the community
This program is made possible through York Region Community and Health Services Department’s Community Development Investment Fund.